Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Change Of Scenery

OK seems that Wellington city public bathrooms are quite well maintained... so i think a little change in scenery is in order.

Recently I visited Matiu/Somes island for one of my landscape papers and was really moved by one of the buildings there. Somes used to be a quarantine station for humans then animals before they were allowed into Wellington city. The building mentioned previously was a state of the art animal quarantine, which ended in in the mid 80's, although it has been cleaned everything is still intact and in position from the hoses to the furnaces.

You instantly get that creepy feeling and feel like you know what went on there.
I think it is this that i want to convey through my project, just photographing it for what it is but still transmitting the feelings of what went on there.


Below are my contact sheets from that shoot...










No comments:

Post a Comment